Friday, October 17, 2008

An Overdue Update and a Reminder

Time to get everyone caught up on what has been happening with Jessie this week. She has been alert and responsive all week, smiling and laughing at our goofy jokes and shenanigans during visitation hours.

A few days ago, the doctors and nurses started doing some physical rehabilitation, so she has been a little tired during the evening visits, but the improved mobility in her arms has been very encouraging. She's dealing with a bug right now that has caused her temperature to fluctuate, but it isn't anything serious.

Jessie's parents are working on getting things in order so that she can finally be transported down to Atlanta. As with everything in life, red tape continues to block that avenue, but only for so long.

Tomorrow is the big benefit concert and silent auction at the Wal-mart in Covington, from 11:00 - 3:30, so I expect everyone to come out and offer their support in any way that they can. Her family and friends will all be there pitching in and participating in the singing and playing of instruments. I'll be there taking pictures to put on here for everyone to see all the happenings of the big event. So load up the family, make the trip down Highway 51 tomorrow, and support Jessie in her journey to walk again.

3 comments:

Shelly (Jessie's sister) said...

Hey baby sister! I will not be there Saturday because I have to work. I want to see some great pictures everybody. Let's show Jessie how much we love her. She is doing great, just keep praying. Love you baby!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Jessie! I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, but you work as an EMT with my husband, Henry. I want you to know how much he is praying for you....and through his stories about you, I feel like a friend. Plesse know you are in my prayers. Remember "What a Mighty God We Serve!" He is in charge. According to Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!" Since God does not lie we can stand on His word for your future!
A few years ago, I was going through a difficult time with my teenage daughter. Basically, she was about to drive me really nuts.
We were getting ready for our Easter musical at church and everytime I would start to worry or get all down about it...it was like God would whisper the words of this song in my ears....it was "When we don't understand the purpose of His plan, in the presence of your King, "Bow the Knee!"
Try and remember those words. I hope they will be as inspiring for you as they are for me!

Created to worship,
Robin Brainard

Tonya Larkin said...

Jessie,
You are the strongest person I know and just by knowing you, you have made me a better person. Thank You